If you have been in an accident while riding as a passenger, you’re not alone. Uber car accidents are on the rise and more people are being injured through no fault of their own. If you were injured as a passenger, you may be entitled to financial compensation and you should speak to an Uber accident lawyer today. You can get a free consultation and find out what your legal options are. If your case is accepted, you don’t pay anything unless the attorneys win your case and recover money for you.
What You Need to Know about Uber Accidents and Insurance Coverage
Anytime someone is involved in an accident, one of the most important factors when it comes to the amount of money you get is the insurance policy of the person responsible. Uber drivers are covered by a $1 million dollar insurance policy in liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. The liability coverage that Uber has is much greater than the typical coverage that most people on the road today have. What this means to you is that Uber has the financial resources to pay for all costs that resulted from the Uber accident, including:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy expenses
- Chiropractic expenses
- Past lost wages from inability to work
- Current lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
The right Uber accident law firm will help you get maximum compensation for the injuries caused by the ridesharing driver.
Choosing the Right Uber Accident Lawyer
It’s important to know that not all accident lawyers are the same. The reality is that some Uber accident lawyers are great, while others are not. So how do you find the best Uber accident attorney to handle your case? Here are some tips to find the right law firm to handle your case:
- Choose a law firm with experience taking cases to trial: While most motor vehicle accident lawsuits end up settling and never see the inside of a courtroom, this isn’t always the case. The best personal injury attorneys take cases to trial if their client is not offered a fair and just settlement amount and can get a much larger payout than if they simply settled the case. Many law firms do not like taking cases to trial because it’s expensive and the reality is many accident law firms do not have the financial resources to pay for all the costs involved (which can be hundreds of thousands of dollars). The insurance companies know what accident lawyers representing Uber accident victims will take a case to trial and will often pay those law firms more money simply to avoid facing them at trial. So while your Uber accident lawsuit will most likely settle out of court, you still want a true “trial attorney” representing you.
- Choose a law firm with an impressive history of past results: Visit the Uber accident lawyers website and look at their “case results”. Compare these numbers to other personal injury firms you may be considering to handle your Uber accident case. Also note if the results are “settlements” or “verdicts”. A verdict means the case was won in court while a settlement was handled outside of court.
- Choose an accident lawyer with good reviews: It’s important to choose an Uber accident lawyer that has good online reviews. Look at their AVVO profile (a lawyer directory that provides attorney bio info and reviews), Google reviews, Facebook and Yelp. Just keep in mind that just like with many other industries, not all reviews are authentic.